GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 36/2018
No.E(P&A)II-2017/HW-1 New Delhi, dated 08.03.2018
The General Managers/CAOs,
All Indian Railways & Production Units.
Sub:-Revision of the rates of Night Duty Allowance (NDA)recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission.
Please refer to Board’s letter No. E(P&A)II-2008/HW-2, dt. 16.12.2008 (RBE No. 199/2008) as amended from time to time regarding revision of rates of Night Duty Allowance (NDA) during 6th CPC period.
2. Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government of India on the recommendations of the 7th CPC, the President is pleased to decide that the hourly rate of NDA shall be equal to (Basic Pay+Dearness Allowance)/200} which would be admissible to eligible categories of non-gazetted Railway Servants classified under chapter XIV of the Railway Act, 1989 read with the Railway Servants (Hours of Work and Period of Rest) Rules, 2005 for work put in during the period from 2200 hrs to 0600 hrs. The rate should be worked out separately for each employee. The present formulation of weightage of 10 minutes for every hour of duty performed between the hours of22:00 and 06:00 would continue.
3. The grant of NDA shall be subject to fumishing_of a certificate by the supervisor concerned that Night Duty is essential.
4. The revised rates of NDA shall be admissible with effect from the Ist of July, 2017.
5. These orders would be subject to modification, if any, after the issue of instructions by the Nodal Ministry i.e. Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training).
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Hindi version is enclosed.
(Salim Md. Ahmed)
PDF file has been reproduced underneath:-