RBE No. 155/2019
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E(P&A)U-2019/PLB-1 New Delhi dated: 20.09.2019.
The General Managers/CADs,
All Indian Railways & Production Units etc.
Subjed : Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2018-19.
The President is pleased to sanction Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) equivalent to 78 (Seventy Eight) days wages without any ceiling on wages for eligibility for the financial year 2018-19 to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees (excluding all RPFIRPSF personnel).
Where, wages exceed ~ 7000/- per month, Productivity Linked Bonus will be calculated as if the ‘wages’ are Rs. 7000/- p.m.
2. ‘Wages’ for the pw-pose of calculating Productivity Linked Bonus shall include ‘Basic pay’ as defined in the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 and dearness allowance drawn during the financial year 2018-19. Other conditions of eligibility, method of calculation of wages, etc., as
prescribed in this Ministry’s instructions and clarifications issued from time to time, shall remain
3. It has also been decided that in the case of eligible employees mentioned in Para 1 above
who were not placed under suspension, or had not quit service/retired/expired during the financial
year 2018-19 or were on leave where leave salary admissible is not less than that admissible on
leave on average pay, may be paid an amount off 17,951/- towards Productivity Linked Bonus for
the financial year 2018-19. In the case of employees other than those mentioned above, the amount
of Productivity Linked Bonus may be calculated in accordance with the extant instructions on the
4. Further, in relaxation to the provisions in Rules 905(2), 908 and 909 of State Railway
Provident Fund Rules, as contained in Chapter 9 ofR-111985 edition (2003 Reprint edition), such of
the subscribers to the SRPF as are entitled to Productivity Linked Bonus may, if they so desire,
deposit the whole or part of the amount admissible under the Scheme in their respective State
Railway Provident Fund Accounts.
5. Disbursement of Productivity Linked Bonus for the financial year 20 18-19 to all eligible
non-gazetted Railway employees mentioned in Para 1 above should be made on priority in the same
mode as payment of salary before the ensuing Puja/Dussehra holidays.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
(Salim Md. Ahmed)