No.AIRF/24(C) Dated: January 2, 2021
Sub: Non-redressal of long pending genuine demands of the Railwaymen
The following significant issues, related to the Railwaymen, are hanging fire in Rail Bhawan, causing serious unrest and discontentment amongst the Railwaymen:-
1. Promotion of the staff working in GP Rs.1800 to GP Rs.1900.
2. Promotion of the staff working in GP Rs.4600 to GP Rs.4800(although Railway Ministry agreed, regrettably, no orders issued till date).
3. Withdrawal of closure decision of five Railway Printing Presses.
4. Regularisation of Course Completed Act Apprentices in Railways.
5. Absorption of the Quasi-Administrative Staff in Railways.
6. Implementation of SALUTE in consultation with Organised Labour.
7. Stoppage on indiscriminate surrender of posts, particularly 50% Non-Safety Posts.
8. Upgradation of posts of S&T Cadre.
9. Curtailing 10% posts from D.R. Quota should be through LDCE “Open to All”.
10. Implementation of the accepted recommendations of the 7th CPC in the case of the following categories of Railway Staff:-
(ii) CMT Cadre under Mechanical Deptt.
(iii) O.T. Asstt. of Medical Deptt.
(iv) Harmonization of the cadre of Lab. Supdt. of Medical Deptt.
11. Career Progression of Pointsman Category(they should be granted four-grade structure, as has been done in case of Track Maintainers Category, with other associated benefits) in consultation with Organised Labour.
12. Provision of adequate funds to Railways for ensuring payment of various Incentives and Allowances.
• Removal of ceiling of maximum 30 days Special Casual Leave and restoration of Quarantine Leave in Indian Railway Establishment Code Vol. I for Railway Staff.
• Extension to retain Railway Accommodation till 31st March, 2021.
It shall be highly appreciated if the above referred to issues are redressed early.
√Copy to: D.G.(H.R.), Railway Board – for necessary action please.
√Copy to: E.D.(I.R.), Railway Board – for necessary action please.
√Copy to: GSs, All Affiliated Unions – for information.